- Run the ssh-keygen -t rsa command in the terminal
- Confirm the location.
- Choose a password for the key.
- Confirm the password.
Two files are created in choosen location /XXXXX/.ssh:
id_rsa (private key)
id_rsa.pub (public key)
The key is created.
- Download the PuTTy program: https://www.putty.org/
- Run PuTTygen.
- Click on Generate.
- Move the mouse cursor until the green field is filled
5. Enter the password for the key in the Key passphrase and Confirm passphrase fields.
6. Save the private and public key with the Save private key and Save public key buttons.