What is Two-Factor Authentication Used For?
Two-factor authentication is a way to verify the identity of a user who logs into the customer administration using two independent pieces of information. The first factor is logging in with a username and password. The second factor involves the use of a six-digit code obtained from a so-called OTP application installed on a mobile device. An example of such an application is Google Authenticator.
How to Activate Two-Factor Authentication?
- Log in to your customer administration and click on "Account Settings".
- In the next step, check the checkbox: "set up two-factor authentication when logging in using a username and password".
- Now you need to install an OTP application on your mobile device and scan the QR code displayed to you. (Note: Do not scan the QR code from the image below. You must use your unique code displayed in your customer administration).
- Enter the six-digit code from the application into the corresponding field, as shown in the image below.
- Save your choice by clicking the "Save Settings" button.
- After activating two-factor login, you will need to log in not only with your username and password but also with the new requirement of a 6-digit code from the OTP application installed on your mobile device.
How to Deactivate Two-Factor Authentication?
- Log in to your customer administration using your username, password, and the 6-digit code from your OTP application.
- Click on "Account Settings".
- In the next step, check the checkbox: "disable two-factor authentication when logging in with a username and password".
- The system will prompt you to confirm the deactivation. Click the "OK" button.
- Now save your choice by clicking the "Save Settings" button.
- The system will confirm the deactivation of two-factor authentication.
Note: If you have lost access to your OTP application for any reason and cannot recover it, please contact our customer support.