Starting from 1st December we will begin to migrate customers from the HyperV 2008 platform to HyperV 2012 platform.
The migration will grant to the customers new features that will be published starting from next year:
- vCPU Limit raised from 4 to 8
- Memory Limit raised from 16 to 32GB
- NIC from 100mbit/sec to 1000mbit/sec
- Capabilities to manage VM snapshot as in vmware platform
The procedure implies that all the VM should be shutted down, then migrated to the new platform. The estimated outage is about 1 hour for each VM. At the end all the VM will be reset to the original power condition (if found powered off will be left in powered off state)
To limit the customer inconvenience all the outage will be concentrated during the night.
Here is the planned maintenance. The planning could be changed based on how the migration will go:
- STEP 1: Monday - Tuesday 1st December, Night:
o DC1 CG3 HyperV and Lowcost 0.00 - 1.00 a.m.
- STEP 2: Wednesday - Thursday 3rd December, Night:
o DC1 CG4 HyperV and Lowcost 0.00 - 1.00 a.m.
o DC1 CG5 HyperV and Lowcost 1.00 - 2.00 a.m.
- STEP 3: Tuesday - Wednesday 9th December, Night:
o DC2 CG1 HyperV and Lowcost 0.00 - 1.00 a.m.
o DC2 CG2 HyperV and Lowcost 1.00 - 2.00 a.m.
- STEP 4: Monday - Tuesday 15th December, Night:
o DC1 CG1 HyperV and Lowcost 0.00 - 1.00 a.m.
o DC1 CG6 HyperV and LowCost 1.00 - 2.00 a.m.
- STEP 5: Thursday - Friday 18th December, Night:
o DC1 CG7 HyperV and LowCost 0.00 - 1:00 a.m.
o DC1 CG2 HyperV and LowCost 1.00 - 2.00 a.m.
o DC4 CG1 HyperV and LowCost 0.00 - 1.00 a.m.
o DC5 CG1 HyperV and LowCost 1.00 - 2.00 a.m.
o DC6 CG1 HyperV and LowCost 2.00 - 3.00 a.m.