Although it is possible to send tens of MB files through our mail servers, not all mail servers accept emails with a large attachment. For this reason, it is recommended to send only a link to a file that will remain stored among the webmail documents.
In the top menu, go to the Settings tab.
In the left menu, in the Application section, select Messages > Creation and check the Send large attachments with a link option.
By default, attachments will be sent via a link for each file that exceeds the limit setting (in our case, 1MB). If you only want to enable link sending manually, set a very high limit (such as 100MB).
Attach a file stored on your computer when writing a message
Start writing a message the way you are used to.
In the new message window click on the Attach icon and choose Attach from computer
If the file size is larger than the limit set above, link sending is automatically activated and the file is saved in webmail documents (Files > Email attachments).
The icon in front of the attached file name indicates the type of attachment:
- staple - file in original size
- cloud - a link to a file saved after sending in webmail Before sending, you can adjust the validity of the download link in the context menu (default is 1 month). If you log in to webmail after this time, the file will be deleted from the Sent Items folder.
Attach a file from webmail documents when writing a message
Start writing a message the way you are used to.In the new message window click on the Attach icon and choose Attach from Webmail..
The explorer of files stored in the webmail opens. Select the folder, files and use the appropriate button to decide how the file will be uploaded.
- Attach - the file is attached in the usual way as from a computer disk (depending on the size either as a link or the original file)
- As a link - the recipient will only receive a download link in the email, the link validity cannot be set
Send a file directly from webmail documents (Files)
If you already have a file stored in webmail, there are several ways to send it.
- public link sharing (1.)
- send as attachment (2.)
- send as link (3.) You can select multiple files at once or use the right mouse button.
View details of an attachment
You can view the sent attachment in Files> Email attachments folder. If you view the details of a file, you can, for example, find out how many times it has been displayed or how long is its validity (validity cannot be extended).
Download attachments by recipient
Links to download attachments are along with information about their validity located at the beginning of the email.